Monday, April 30, 2012

Little Critters That Make Farm Life Interesting

I fell way behind on my posting due to being super busy and sick, so there may be a couple posts in the next few days as I try to catch up.

I find a big part of being in the country is not only about what happens with what we plant and raise, but also what happens in nature around us. We had a couple interesting visitors in the past couple months, and I thought I'd share them with you.

This little guy decided to pay us a visit, and wound up becoming an educational part of our day. I thought he might like to say "Hi!" It's not every day your average turtle gets the limelight of the internet!

"It's a bird!" "It's a plane!" "It's a..."
BAT!

Actually, Christopher and I weren't sure what it was, the way it was croaking, but sure enough, we got to have a good, close view of it. I brought it to the house, and voila! Another opportunity to show off one of God's marvelous creatures to the kids. They weren't as impressed with the bat as Mr. Turtle, though. :-D Take a good look at those teeth, and you may agree with them!




No comments:

Post a Comment