Monday, February 10, 2014

"Heavenly Sunlight"

I admit, this is probably my favorite picture that I have done so far. I had many troubles with it, but I guess because it is the most difficult composition I’ve done, and it probably took me longer than any other picture, it has greater value to me.

“The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handiwork.” – Psalm 19:1


As I was working on portraying just a portion of God’s amazing creation, I would sometimes get frustrated, and not sure what to do next. This one little scene took me hours to recreate, yet God spoke the entire world into existence in one short week!

Any time I get the opportunity to look out over great portions of God’s creation, I feel overwhelmed by the awesomeness He has portrayed, and then realizing that it is not even to be compared with Him in all his glory. Wow! What more can I say!

 “O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:” -Psalm 8:1,3-6

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely picture Rebecca! You are very talented! God's work is awesome isn't it? I think this is the first time that I've actually thought of God as a master artist! Wow!

    ReplyDelete