Monday, October 20, 2014

Bible Challenge (Psalm 51:17, James 4:10,8)

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise." - Psalm 51:17
"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." - James 4:10

"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." - James 4:8



Humility before God is one of the most important aspects of my with with Him. He will never have complete freedom to work in my life until I admit my inability and natural sinfulness apart from Him. Am I faithful to humble myself before God and those around me to the point that i'm willing that HE should get all the glory? Will I take the steps needed to be able to "draw nigh" to my Lord so He will "draw nigh" to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment