Monday, January 26, 2015

Bible Challenge (Matthew 4:19,22)

Matthew 4:19,22 "And he saith unto them, Follow me and I will make you fishers of men...And they immediately left the ship and their father and followed him."


When Jesus called, these disciples immediately stopped what they were doing and followed Him, leaving their home, livelihood and family. As far as I know, they didn't even KNOW Jesus, but followed Him fully and completely in blind faith. Talk about trust! I can't help but wonder how many times Jesus has called me to follow Him in different areas of my life, and I have failed to place my faith and trust completely in Him, even though I know Him and that His way is always right. I may kind of follow Him, but still cling to some aspects of my natural human self. As I looked at this passage I realized that if I am not following fully and completely, I am basically not following at all! May I be willing to sacrifice anything and everything and truly follow Jesus wherever He leads me!

No comments:

Post a Comment