Monday, January 5, 2015

Bible Challenge (Proverbs 28:13)


"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper; but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."
 - Proverbs 28:13



I had to stop for a second when I read this. I'm not sure how I interpreted this before, but today it struck me in a whole new light. 

Many times when God brings me to the point of surrender and getting serious in pursuing my relationship with Him, things will come to mind that I probably should go to others and apologize for. So often I push it aside with the "I'll just do better from now on: excuse. While God is pleased with my turning back to Him, my relationship with Him will not truly prosper until I confess those sins and then be able to fully leave them behind. 

Am I hindering my walk with God by not confessing and forsaking any sins in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment