Thursday, May 28, 2015

Bible Challenge (Colossians 1:9-11, James 5:16)

There are two verses today, because they go so well with each other!


"For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
"That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
"Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness." - Colossians 1:9-11


Not too long ago the Lord began to burden my heart about praying faithfully for my brothers and sisters in Christ and their walk with the Lord. This morning as I read this, I realized that as I pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ, this would be a perfect prayer! I know that this would be something I would love to have prayed over me every day!


"The effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." - James 5:16b


I have begun to see that simply because someone made a profession of faith, they will not always daily walk in that faith, and if they do, there are so many struggles and trials that go with it. I know I have plenty! This is part of the reason the Lord led me to pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Reading this verse made me realize that my prayers WILL do something, and if more of us as His children were to faithfully pray for each other, the more we will see Him working in His children, His churches, and all over the world!


If you are a brother or sister in Christ, I am praying for YOU! Will you pray with me for our family in Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment