Thursday, May 7, 2015

Bible Challenge (Luke 9:23)

"And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me." Luke 9:23

Often when I read this verse I think about what it means to take up my cross and how I can apply that to my daily walk with the Lord. However there is one part of this verse that is often forgotten or not paid any attention to, and that is "let him deny himself." So many times I am willing to go anywhere or do anything the Lord wants me to, but I forget that one of main aspects in following Christ is to deny myself, forsake what I hold dear and my own personal pursuits. I'm not only to daily live willing to take up my cross, but also to be just as willing to leave "me" behind. Just as Peter, Andrew, James and John IMMEDIATELY left their life behind to follow Christ, I need to be willing to leave MY life, dreams, and desires behind without hesitance or question and follow where Christ leads me.

No comments:

Post a Comment