Monday, May 18, 2015

Bible Challenge (Psalm 141:3)


"Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips." - Psalm 141:3


The Lord has been convicting me lately of how careless I have been getting with my tongue. This week when my tongue slipped, I was ashamed. Thankfully no one heard me, but I knew things had to change. I had been "trying" to watch what I said, but if God wasn't the one keeping my lips, there was no way it was getting tame (James 3:8 "But the tongue can no man tame;" that includes me!). God began to lay this verse on my heart, and I began to pray it when I left my house in the morning. Yesterday I was just about to open my mouth, when this verse ran through my mind. Praise God for how He works! Only He can tame this wild tongue, and hopefully I will be faithful to listen to the promptings of His Holy Spirit and allow Him to tame it in His way.

No comments:

Post a Comment