Monday, January 20, 2014

"Different Looks of Life"

My pastel challenge here was to doodle an object, any object, and copy it three times, using a different stroking technique for each picture.

As you can see, I used an edged wavy stroke here.

This one was done using the flat of the pastels.

And this was accomplished with straight strokes using the edge of the pastel.


I learned a lot about different techniques, but as I sat back and looked at what I had painted, I couldn't help but wonder how God would use these paintings to teach me.


It was a couple days later, I was flipping through my finished paintings, and when I came to these, the Lord showed me that this was very similar to how He works in my life! As He teaches me different lessons through His word and His Holy Spirit, I begin to look at life in different ways.


I can't even begin to describe how different life looks to me now than when it did a few months ago, and then how different that was from the year before! The closer God draws me to Himself, the more lessons I have to learn, and the more He changes my outlook on life. 


Praise God for how He teaches and changes us as we walk with Him!



"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment