Monday, January 6, 2014

"New Life"

I'm finding it amazing how God can give us lessons in almost EVERY area of our lives! Painting in pastels may seem like a personal hobby, but God has shown me that it can be so much more! Not only do I learn something physical in every painting, such as better technique and methods, but God is also teaching me something spiritual in every painting.

When I selected the picture for this picture, I selected it as the "most unlikely". The one that, since I probably would be most unlikely to paint it, I chose it! Confusing I know, but it sounded good at the time! :-D

As I worked it, I had some mess-ups and several frustrations, but when it was finished, I stood back and looked at it. The painting "New Life" was complete.


Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:11)

I don't know if you can see it, but among the dead leaves and buds, there is a single, new green leaf. Looking at this picture reminded me that when I accepted Christ as my Savior, he gave me new life. To begin with, there was a lot of the old life there, still visible to all who looked.

But as I grew in Christ, bit by bit I became dead to the old life of sin, and it became less and less visible as the growth of new life I received of Christ grew larger and began to gradually cover my past with all its sins and failings.

As I thought about this, I was also reminded of another passage 

“But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.” 
(1 Corinthians 1:30-31)

The new growth, the new life I have in Christ is HIS righteousness, wisdom, sanctification, and redemption. The life that I now live is not mine, but Christ's. So that now when people look at me, they see mostly the new life I now have in Christ.

Praise God for the amazing ways He works in our lives, and for the new life He freely provides for each and every one of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment