Friday, April 11, 2014

Just a Little Nugget I Found (John 3:20-21)

"Every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God."

I kind of stumbled on my lesson this morning. With all that I have been learning about brokenness and being transparent in my relationship with God and others, these verses really summed it up. When I am doing wrong, I don't want to be reading God's Word, listening to godly preaching or music, or even conversing with godly friends! :-D So in a sense, I "hate" the Light, or even it's reflection! (verse 20) note: the word "reproved" also means "examined".

It fits, doesn't it? But when I am open and surrendered to the Lord, I am willing for my sins to be brought to the light so God can help me take care of hem how He sees fit. Wow! I can't believe I missed these verses before! They just fit so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment