Thursday, April 23, 2015

Bible Challenge (Mark 1:35)

"And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he(Jesus) went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed." Mark 1:35

So many times throughout God's Word I am commanded to pray. I pray for wisdom and understanding when I read His Word, for meals, and for special requests. But do I ever just get alone with the Lord and talk to Him in prayer? Even Jesus, the Son of God Himself knew the importance of spending time alone with God. So many times I use the excuse that I don't have time, but even that excuse is nullified by Christ's example of getting up "a great while before day". It is that important. Am I willing to make a time of prayer a part of my day, even if I have to get up earlier in order to have unhindered and uninterrupted time with my Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment