Thursday, April 9, 2015

Bible Challenge (Matthew 14:29-31)

"And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore first thou doubt?" Matthew 14:29-31

It takes a great deal of faith to step out and go where I've never been before, but as long as I keep my focus on Jesus Christ, He will use that faith to hold me up. There may be times when I am whipped about by the winds of trouble and splashed by a wave or two of trials and testing, but as long as I keep my eyes fixed on Christ, I can keep walking forward in confidence. It is only when I take my eyes from the Lord and start to focus on the people or circumstances around me, or think to much about exactly WHAT I'm doing that I will start to become overwhelmed and sink. May I keep my eyes fixed on Christ and step forward confidently in the faith I have in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment