Monday, August 10, 2015

Bible Challenge (2 Corinthians 6:17-7:1)



"Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

"And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord almighty.

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."

2 Corinthians 6:17-7:1



This really spoke to my heart this morning, because there are so many times when it is tempting to compromise my convictions and stands in the Lord because of enticing things of the world. Yes, I may find fun, happiness, and even a sort of fulfillment, but it is not true fulfillment. The realization that cleansing myself from the filthiness of the flesh and spirit brings me the promise that the Lord will be a Father to me, providing ALL that I need physically, emotionally, and spiritually. What a precious promise and incentive to be separated for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment